<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#FF76FF">Labour...

Monday, November 13, 2006

Labour...

Here are a list of things that really worry me once I am in labour & otherwise:
-that my Moms visa gets rejected - again!
-that my water breaks when I am busy shopping or going someplace by myself, ie. not @home & when TD is not around(@office)
-that I might poop or pee on the l&d table......
-that I unintentionally shout @my poor Mom while all she is trying to do is comfort me...I am not worried about TD coz with all the current pelvic stretching pain, he have had enough of experience...!
-that my labour lasts more than 24 hours
-that I my labour would be induced... oh how I hate Pitocin...
-that I might be naked during the entire birthing process...
-we get into unexpected situations/unknown territories & have to completely rely on the OB...
-that I have a very low pain threshold...
-that TD faints & passes out(hee hee hee!) while our baby is being delivered or the OB is performing Episiotomy, giving me an Epidural or during a C-sec operation , or I get a 3rd degree tear....
-that I have to get either one or all of those nasty unwanted procedures to deliver my baby...

Here are some visualization & affirmation techniques that I would like to use when I go in labor...

Visualization techniques to be used during labour:

1.the unfolding of flower: walk to a garden, look @all the flowers(smell, dew drops, color etc i.e. add details), watch how they open & close their petals, select your flower, spend 5 mins looking at it & see it unfolding, superimpose it on your pelvis, slowly imagine it open, & your cervical muscles, petal after petal, opening very slowly, a little at a time, feel the muscles in your pelvis tingle, linger this image for 5 minutes until in your minds eye - the flower & my cervix are fully open, let the baby pass through it, once the baby is out, slowly close the flower(or your cervix).

2.whispering flute: place both hands on the abdomen and spread your legs apart, inhale & exhale(5 seconds each) through your mouth, continue this breathing pattern through your mouth, repeat again, breathe in & imagine within your body a long flute connecting your mouth to your vagina, play this imaginary flute: inhale and blow air down the tube past your baby in the womb, past your cervix and out through your vagina, as air moves down the body of the flute, feel all surrounding tissues and muscles becoming increasingly relaxed, until they feel very open ,very loose very ready for birth, breathe in again & blow the air into the flute, repeat until you have created a wide open passageway for birth, now push your baby through the birth canal!

3.warm glow: image yourself lying in the sun, the golden rays bathing your skin and penetrating your body to wash over you unborn child, your inner organs, muscles and bones, feel your entire being, inside and out glowing with the suns energy and warmth, breath in & out deeply, breathe in & imagine yourself inhaling the gentle glowing warmth of the sun, imagine the sunlight drenching your body & of your baby with rays of energy and health, imagine the light spreading our to fill every inch if your body & imagine it expanding until it surrounds you with a luminous golden glow, imagine the light growing particularly luminous, bright, in any part of the your body, during labour, that feels tensed or uncomfortable, imagine light pulsing & vibrating in that tense region until pain or tension is totally dissolved!

Affirmations:


Yes, I can!
- I am laboring with perfect harmony with nature
- I am ready and able to have my baby right now.
- The power if my contractions will carry my baby from the womb.
- I can push my baby into the world.
- My contractions are propelled by the laws of nature.
- My cervix will open like a blossoming flower, allowing my baby to emerge.

I would really like to hear from women who could successfully used these techniques...

Source: 'Nurturing the unborn child' by Dr.Thomas Verny & Pamela Weintraub.
Photo courtesy:femail.com.au

By K's Mumma@ 5:50 PM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home