<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#FF76FF">Week 30 appointment

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Week 30 appointment

So yesterday as I walked in the clinic, the advise nurse asked me if I had taken the flu shots. I was blank, said no.
Non of the OBs, during my previous visits had mentioned anything about the vaccine. Hence I was clueless.

I am seeing different OB's @every appointment, coz thats how it works with my clinic. There is a team of 4-5 OB's & now I am seeing each of them, in rotation. Moreover, my OB, the lady Gynac who was taking care of me, is on maternity leave until March! Her due date is 2 weeks b4 mine:))

Seems like its a comman practise to get immunized, esp high risk patients like- Moi, coz I am pregnant; before the flu season starts(bet Nov - March).

My appointment went well, have gained 4lbs - so am now @163lbs. My BPs normal. Check out my week 30 tummy pic:)
Tweetu darling was awake & kicking- heart rate@ 140.
I wanted to know if not eating an Egg & drinking whole milk is fine...not that I have an aversion...but all throughout my pregnancy, I didnt have an Egg - ie didnt make one. U make it for me & I will be happy to have it.
& the whole milk thingy is TD created...ie he wants me to drink it while I want to stick to fat- free...we had some "exchange of words" & I finally decided, I will ask the OB!
BTW, the OB gave me a green signal to continue with fat-free milk!

Ok, back to the appointment. The OB told me to take the flu shot once we were done. I hesitated as I hadnt read(read researched) anything regarding the shots. So I said, I will take them at a later date.

In the mean time, TD found some article which mentioned that the shot can have Merucury in it. The ones that I would be given though is Hg free or the Thimerosal-free vaccine.
Reading more about the flu vaccine, I found some unproven cases of Autism(in kids), as one of the side effects of taking this vaccine in pregnancy.
I asked my birth-club gals for their opinion. Most of them, who are/were currently working in places like ER, had had to unwillingly take the shot. Some got flu after taking the vaccine! Others, were not going to take it coz the vaccine isnt a cure on all strains of the flu virus. It is cultured in egg shells(so some can have allergic reaction) & has a current kind of inactive virus strain in it.
All in all, I am skeptical about getting the shot. Moreover I never had flu in the last 5 years(knock on the wood) & currently,I am @home.
TD will have to get one though! The flu shot issue is resolved.

& just when I thought everythings fine, up comes the topic- 'AUTISM, ADD/ADHD, AND RELATED DISORDERS - IS A COMMON CHILDBIRTH PRACTICE ie premature umbilical cord clamping, TO BLAME?'

By K's Mumma@ 3:02 PM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tweetu

My nan bought me the toy box for my Christmas pressie last year. Mummy says that she got it from some company on-line but mummy said that John Lewis have it (Do you have them in America?)- have a look at www.johnlewis.com . I can ask my nan where she got it if you want.

Holly xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home