<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#14D0F8">Is it 'Childbirth' or 'Lamaze' class...

Monday, November 13, 2006

Is it 'Childbirth' or 'Lamaze' class...

...we finally attended the most recommended-for-all-couples(read dadds) class this Saturday...the childbirth class.
I was happy to see 25 other odd eager couples....
they came in with pillows, blankies, snoogles, excercise mats & just every item that was comforting for the gals...so did we.

It was good to hear in the very beginning that Dad is supposed to be Mom's 'coach' & needs to equally participate & help Mom, as she goes into labour!

& here, TD was dozing off from the very beginning & pissed me off...
But as I looked around, almost all of us gals were 100% attentive and the Dad-2-bs were trying 100%, to concentrate...avoid sleeping & getting bored! A few were having Starbuck's Espresso shots!
Cant blame TD...

I have a question, why do people call this a 'Lamaze' class?
The Lamaze breathing techniques are taught at the very end of the class... & this is not a specialized 'Hee-Hee-Hee-Hoo' class either! It is really about childbirth...Funny!

I will say, the class added merely 10% to my knowledge...as I had already read up on everything 'basic'...unfortunately the trainer could not answer any 'advanced' questions - I was so hoping to get answers to...
I was looking forward to watching a couple of birthing videos... they showed us stages of labour & C-sec videos.
But overall, the 8 hr class was worth it...esp for all Dad 2 B's...hope they all turn out as great Coaches!

Heres a funny posting: 50 reasons to be glad your preggo
Photo courtesy:birthandbeyond

By K's Mumma@ 8:58 AM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home