<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#14D0F8">Reflections Of Ones Parents.....?</font></b>

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Reflections Of Ones Parents.....?

Today I made some spinach-potato curry & beet salad. I have decided to cook green veggies thrice a week.
While having lunch, I realized I didnt like the taste of the spinach curry...

Near the end of the meal, I had a couple of morsels of the curry on my plate. I was sure, it was going back to the storage container.
I looked at it, ah ...just a couple of morsels, & turned to get up when my Mom spoke......in my mind!

In her usual tone she said, 'Donach ghaass urale aahet- khaun taak' - in my mother tongue Marathi!

All it means - 'finish whats in your plate'!
& in a second, every bit of spinach was passing down, to my stomach!
I felt such a relief that I did the good thing... & realised how intrinsic she is to me!
Everything that my parents taught me, while growning up, esp in my teens, I had rebelled and gone against them...
& today, I find myself doing, thinking, believing the exact same things that they have been telling me all my life! Its like, now we are on the same 'platform'!
I do believe, that every person is unique & 'self-made' in the sense that different influences help shaping up an indivisual...our thoughts and beliefs, the way we look & understand things, are continously developing and can be different from what we have been taught by our parents.
I would say, a person is 85% him/herself with the 15% attributed to the way we have been molded by our parents.
Yet, some small incidences like this, epiphanously make us realize, how tightly binded we are, to our parents! Somewhere, I feel, we are their reflections...

By K's Mumma@ 1:06 PM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home