<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#FF76FF">Fluttering Sensations</font></b>

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fluttering Sensations

I read a couple of articles on the 'fluttering sensations' I have been having for a while.
Turns out they are foetal movements or ‘quickening’ & that means, I felt Tweetu and here is the proof! I also could 'see' and feel my belly moving...TD is my defense!
And all this long, I had only thought of Gas, and nothing else!!
That also means, I felt Tweetu quite early on as I felt the first ones around week 14! Typically, first timers feel it after week 16+ although second timers are more sensitive and get the feeling around week 14...

Around this time, ie week 15+, Tweetu weighs between 45-60grams & is 4.5" long. During the 1st u/s that was performed on 12th July, the OB/Gyn measured Tweetu & said we are right on time...so no change to the EDD!
By now, the neck is complete, and Tweetu even has fingerprints. Tweetu's heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day! Tweetu has begun to move around in the amniotic fluid, which replenishes itself every three hours. And this is origin of the fluttering sensations!

Do you know that a my enlarged heart is pumping about 20% more blood than prepregnancy? And that this volume will actually increase throughout my pregnancy for an ending increased heart output of 30-50%...? Wow! Isnt that incredible?
But, it is also said that by month 8, my brain can 'shrink' as much as 10% resulting in me being a scatterbrain....oouch! I will agree that I already have had a couple of forgetfulness-clumsy-unable to concentrate mental lapses...I had neglected/overlooked them thinking its just me & they had nothing to do with my pregnancy! Now, I can blame it on.....:)) Good news is, they're only temporary! Thank God!

I am really showing and I feel awkward when I find people, esp Men, staring first at me and then my tummy...I have checked myself on a couple of occasions and have asked TD if I looked odd! Tried my first maternity cotton Dungrees today at a popular maternity store. I have decided on not trying the half ones... full Dungress & dresses, thats the way to go!


We are planning to go for AFP testing, perfomed between week 16-18, as suggested by my OB.

By K's Mumma@ 3:11 PM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home