<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color=#14D0F8>Out Goes My Birth-Plan!</b></font>

Friday, December 29, 2006

Out Goes My Birth-Plan!

I had spent so much time, energy in creating my 3-paged awesome birth plan.
The idea behind creating such a birth-plan was to 'reduce the risks' that me & my baby might face considering some routine practises-procedures & otherwise which are typically observed during L&D and postpartum.
I had researched the internet, gone through published papers & various links; watched birth vdos & read books/articles to compose my plan. I had taken suggestions from a coupla friends.
I felt a sense of control after I read the final copy of the plan which was acheived after numerous edits.
I took it to Clinic for the OB to preview it, as I had some questions regarding procedures Heparin/IV lock, Vitamin K injection, Heel stick, eye ointment etc.
As I discussed the plan with the OB, it incurred to me that I actually have almost no say in the L&D/postpartum decisions! Everything that was on my 'dont want' list, was categorised under 'emergency procedure' that would be taken care off well in advance, just to avoid any last minute delays for the 'benefit of me & my baby'. For some Postpartum procedures, I need to talk to the Pediatrician. The only thing that I can waive is the eye-ointment!

I dont understand, why there is an insistance of creating a 'birth-plan' when it is the OB who is under control.
Under the pretext of us parents 'not being trained enough' or who do not belong to the medical profession aka layman; depending on the mood of the OB; every question we have is sometimes explained with well 'moulded' answers or is thrown out of the window. If I would have know this, I wouldnt have investigated so much or made a birth-plan!

Labels:

By K's Mumma@ 1:59 PM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why? What's happening? Is Tweetu coming early??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home