<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#FF76FF">Glucose 'In'tolerance...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Glucose 'In'tolerance...

You must be wondering where I suddenly dissappered... Well, I have been on a roller-coaster ride...!
On 3rd, after the routine 26th week appointment with my OB/Gyn, I took the routine
Glucose Screening test(GT) & donated yet few more mls of my precious blood for CBC(complete blood count).

I drank the Fanta-like awesome Orange(Dextrose 50) drink within a coupla minutes! I had heard/read so many not-so-good things about this drink, esp its taste & after effects!
Boy, I enjoyed drinking it & had no nausea etc!
Ok, my GT results are out, & I have a 'High' flag. It should be in the range of 70-140 & I am @164.
I have been asked to go on a 3 day carbohydrate load-up diet. On the morning of the 4th day(fasting), 3 times on every hour, blood will drawn to check my glucose levels.
I pray I am not a Gestational Diebetes(GD) victim for the simple reasons that non of my family members have it(& GDs happen due to heredity) & secondly, its just not good to have one! I have seen a couple of my friends who had it & had to keep pricking themselves all throughout the day & had to be on a GD diet...
I dont want these "last-minute"(coz my pregnancy has been wonderful, so far..!)conditions to worsen my pregnancy experience...which I am so enjoying! & I dont want to deprive my baby of anything...

By K's Mumma@ 10:23 AM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home