<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#FF76FF">Alpha-Fetoprotein Screening</b></font>

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Alpha-Fetoprotein Screening

Week 16+:
AFP screening was a breeze compared to the time it took me, to get it done.
But I was assuming that it was going to be a big challenge for the Nurse, whose intention was to just collect few mls of my precious blood.
I am a healthy looking gal & drawing blood at any instance should be easy for me, right?
Its not!
You see, in the past, everytime I have gone to draw blood, I have emerged out of the lab - all poked, punctured, tied-up & restrained. Bandages here, bandages there.

At the end of such sessions, I am all bruised & so is the Nurses ego!
My capillaries just shrink or something at the mere sight of the needle.... Its a tough job and I have innumerably been at the receiving end of the 'raised brow' look & all the huffs-&-puffs!
Anyways, yesterday, all it took was a couple of tapping & the blood came out! My capillaries have never been so obidient!The Nurse saved me & herself too!

Later, I went for Maternity clothes shopping at a nearby Target. Can you believe this, there was just a single row of the most boring, icky looking Mnt clothes....! This particular store doesnt stock up on Mnt clothes...or is a Target tradition? I will check Sears, Macy's. Walmart is a last resort. I should be done shopping by this w/e coz 3rd August, when we leave for Alasaka, is hardly days away & I have no outerwear expect my Gauchos.

Check this out, its real crazy! I dont know, but I see both green & pink dots, one above the other!

Follow these instructions: If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will only see one color, pink. If you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot turns to green. Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the picture. After a short period of time, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a green dot rotating if you're lucky! It's amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, & the pink ones really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.


By K's Mumma@ 1:15 PM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger The Daily Matters said...

Good for you - you had a successful AFP screening. I tell you I've always been afraid of needles, but always had blood drawn successfully in certain procedures without qualms of the aftermath. I just couldn't stand looking at the tip of the needle inserted to my skin.

May I suggest Motherhood, Mimi Maternity or Pea in a Pod for maternity clothing. You can check their websites,too, by Google. They were suggested to me by a relative. You'll get a lot of choices. The only problem I had was my size - XS which I don't get a lot of it. Small still looks big to me in a particular brand.

Nice optical illusion you got there.

Have a wonderful weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home