<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color=#ff76ff>Another Long Boring Day @The...

Friday, December 01, 2006

Another Long Boring Day @The...

...hospital...

I was at the clinic yesterday for the now routine NST#4...had a heavy breakfast coz past experiences have taught me that Tweetu needs to be active & fully awake while I take the NST. Food & her favourite OJ keeps her moving all the time!

The CNM saw a couple of 'variables'(read Decelerations) after nearly 30-35 minutes of monitoring & asked me to go to the hospital ASAP for another NST. The thing is, clinics are not equipped to run the test for more than an hour; prolonged monitoring is only possible@ the hospital. CNM also scared me with her '3 strikes & a Cesarian' concept!

So there I was. It took nearly 45 minutes to get a free room. I had lunch in the mean time. I was hooked up to the monitors@ 1:30pm.

Tweetu was running a little low on her heart-rate, between 126-138, than otherwise 148-155. That was a concern for me. Her heart rate was similar@ the clinic in the morning, add decelerations to that.

20 minutes later, Tweetu decided to go sleep & so the heart rate stayed steady for a while. The nurse came in & made me change my position to wake up the baby. Another 15 minutes, Tweetu was still asleep.

When the Nurse came in the next time, I told her to get me some OJ. 8 ounces later, Tweetu woke up & started activly kicking! Phew! The trick worked! The nurse was impressed...!

1.5 hrs later, the OB came in. We went over the same set of details. This is the 3rd time I narrated November 15th events, to an entirely new Doctor. It amazes & annoys me, how there is NO exchange of patient information between Doctors belonging to the same group! Let alone info exchanges between the hospital & the clinic.

The OB was satisfied with the NST results but wanted to take a look @the volume of the Amniotic fluid. So a Biophysical u/s was performed.
3 quadrants later, the OB gave me 11 points for the amount of fluid(5 is conisdered normal)! In those 5 minutes, Tweetu moved atleast 3 times. The OB checked her breathing too & gave me & Tweetu an 8 on 8 for the entire u/s! It was time to go home!

I hate to be classified under 'high risk' pregnancy. But...

Life has become a little different after the accident...
I am now in the 35th week...the thoughts of pre-term labor do bother me sometimes. Cross week 36th , & I will be relieved! Then Tweetu can pop whenever she wants.
I dont know how my labor is going to be but I am +ve and I am not seriously thinking about it @all...hakuna matata!

For me, everything has slowed down! I cant move like I normally used to...
I have prenatal/NSTs lined up...If tweetu is awake & 'cooperates', I am done within 30 mins else i have to make trips to the booooooooring hospital.

I am not cooking anymore & that is a relief. Aft the accident, we were going out for food all the time & we started hating it. It took us a while to get a cook and make arrangements for home-cooked food. Lucky me, I met a lady who now comes home & cooks food enough for 4 days...& thats a blessing!
My Mom got her visitiors visa...she will be with us from December 12th...& thats another blessing!

My house is a mess right now! Poor TD is doing all the running around. We dont have our SUV yet and wont be getting it from the bodyshoppers for @least 15 more days. We will have to borrow/rent a bigger SUV/car from friends as getting Mom from the airport with bags & all, is just impossible in TDs 2 door coup.

Baby's stuff is part done - I mean shopping.
Last weekend, we got the crib matteress & I have ordered the crib bedding(estimated arrival date:11th December!)
We are no longer buying the travel-system. As I am petite, weight of these systems was an issue. We have finally decided on getting an infant car seat & a convinience stroller.
We still have a lot of 'must haves' on the shopping list like Tweetu's mittens, caps, booties, diapers! Wash all her clothes will be the next task...the list is unending!

I can hardly walk :)) 15 mins & I am done...have a lot of pelvic pressure, have been breathing heavily, trips to the loo for 1 or 2(wow, that rhymes perfect!)...so visits to malls are rare! Even if we had our SUV, I doubt I would have gone out on my own...I am a lil scared of driving now...

By K's Mumma@ 11:01 AM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home