<bgsound src="http://www.munchkin.com/information_station/get_download.php?file=../userfiles/File/AhVousDiraiJeTwinkleTwinkleLittleStar.mp3">



My Tweety Pie...: <b><font color="#FF76FF">u/s @ Week 20!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

u/s @ Week 20!

Here is a brief account of our most exciting 45 mins... read on!

Ms.Radiologist(RD), took us to a dark room. The u/s machine looked very different, very sophisticated. It did not support audio though. The RD could switch between colored and B&W screens @different magnifications.
The procedure was pretty much the same other than the time it took and the multiple position changes I was asked to make.

Per RD, this u/s is very important as it helps to get the best information of a growing foetus.
The heart(auricles & ventricles), stomach & the femur are measured and so is the circumference of the head. Proper functioning of internal organs(kidneys, bladder, stomach etc), cord insertion, amniotic fluid volume, placental position is observed. Organ abnormalities, if any, can be seen at this stage. The structure and make-up of the Spine is inspected thoroughly.
This u/s helps in knowing the exact gestational age and growth of the foetus. This is also the best time to know if one needs to terminate the pregnancy due to abnormalities.
My OB will discuss the u/s results with me during my next appointment.

Tweetu probably felt that it was still night-time and went back to sleep! Tweetu wasnt kicking or moving either. She was being a little un-co operative.
RD first made use of the gravity, by inclining the bed, my legs were up & my head was down. Later, I was asked to lie on my left side(as my Uterus currently is growing on the right) Then, the RD tried to wake up Tweetu on 7 different occassions, by tapping the probe on my tummy & finally managed to take all the measurments.

The RD later turned the Monitor to my side, for 5 mins, and showed us Tweetu's face(she looked cute & so much like TD!), tummy, legs, hands & spine. What was fascinating to me was Tweetu's beating heart...! Wow, perfectly looking 2 auricles & 2 ventricles moving in a rythm! Exactly like in the pictures! Tweetu has grown so much in these weeks... Her legs were folded. Her hands were bent @elbows and we felt like she was sucking her thumb...how cute! My camera-friendly baby took no time in giving us those wonderful shots, yet again!

We asked the RD to write down Tweetu's gender in an envelope...we havent opened it yet! So, what do you think? Is it a GURL or a BOY? I have created a new poll ...vote now!

This u/s experience was different for me as most of the time, the Monitor was not facing me & I could not see Tweetu and most of the things she & RD were doing.
Lucky for TD, he got to see everything, from start to finish! So just hang in there, he will soon publish his side of the story!

Photo courtesy:lisencemag

By K's Mumma@ 11:58 AM
  :Disclaimer@Footer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home